Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cool evening stuff

Wednesday night:
Opening of a photographic exhibit titled "Migrant Mothers & Daughters in Wales".
Cool pictures and narratives.

Thursday night:
Private tour of the National Gallery with a small group of Rotarians from the Dublin Central club, topic: “the Influence of Caravaggio and the Home Grown Masters”.
I love art! It was so great to have someone really knowledgeable about the artwork walk us through a few of the pieces in the National Gallery. Wandering through the Gallery is on my "things to do on a rainy day" list. And learning more about art and art history is definitely on my "something I want to learn more about when I have more free time" list. I am sure there is some free time in my future, really.

Friday night:
Went to see "Into the Wild" with a couple friends. Good film, powerful story. It made me think a lot about life, conviction, walking away from people who care, life cut short, .... it's worth seeing.

No comments: