Thursday, November 29, 2007

holiday madness

I don't know about you, but the holiday season has hit me with all its lights, fun and stress. If you are anything like me, then you probably don't have time to read anything long. With that thought in mind, I'll just say that all the presentations I've done in the past week have gone pretty well, some better than others but, overall, I am really pleased. It was really interesting to visit three different Rotary Clubs in one week and see the similarities and differences they each had. One of my class presentations was postponed so I still have that to do tomorrow.


Here are some pictures from my trip to Northern Ireland on Sunday and Monday. I was only there for about 24 hours, including time I was sleeping, so I did not get to see too much. I definitely want to go back to Londonderry/Derry sometime to do more exploring, especially along the only intact old city wall in Europe and to visit history sites related to the Troubles.




The lights on a bridge over the river running through Derry.

The Giant's Causeway, County Antrim

These are amazing hexagonal spaced rocks along the coast.

3 comments:

momeester said...

I've always been amazed by the giant's causeway. I doesn't seem possible that those octagons could just happen!

seester said...

Eek! Is the officially the holiday season, on top of everything else?! How did that happen??

Man, oh, man...I'm so not ready.

seester said...

Hey Jo,

Check this out! Looks like breakfast in Ireland is delish.

http://www.rashersandeggs.com/

Yum!